Re: Euro Switch & High Beams

At 2:19 PM -0500 2/8/98, Bunmar@aol.com wrote:
>This is to clarify what I've found on my '98 GLX.  The Euro Switch DOES NOT
>allow both the low and high beams to be on at the same time.  I think this is
>because the GLX probably uses one dual filament bulb versus the GTI uses two
>single filament bulbs.  Each bulb on the GTI can handle the heat of the bulb.
>On the other hand, the dual filament bulb probably cannot handle both
>filaments to burn at the same time.  Let me know if you agree.

What does the following behavior indicate to you-- does it refute or prove
your points?

On a 97' GLX:

At night (when it's easy to notice), set your lights to low beam.

Now set to high beam. You can see the difference right?

OK, now set to low beam again. Now, pull on the lever to put on the high
beam ***BUT*** HOLD the lever in the completely pulled-towards-you
position--- This to me looks like LOW AND HIGH ARE ON AT THE SAME TIME!!!

When you let go of the lever, the low will go off, and you'll be in high
beam...

So, it seems to me that the experience I've seen allows both low and high
beam to be on together, so it means that while the Euro switch may not
currently allow it, it is possible?

- -Khan