Re: Heated mirrors.

deecee@exit109.com wrote:

> To answer the ongoing question VW is still making the outside mirrors "Hot"
> all the time. I checked the surface temperature and it is 115 degrees.
>
> Don

Don,

I've noticed that on my '95 A3 the mirrors only heat when I press the defroster switch
in conjunction with the rear window defroster.  The reason why I know this is because
when it's cold outside with ice on the mirrors they don't defrost until I activate the
defroster switch.  My car also came with heated windshield sprayer nozzles but I do not
have heated seats.   I think the car may have been a late '94 that was classified as a
'95 because I've noticed that the car had unusual options that the other Jetta's later
on didn't have.  I've had many other VW's (all from Germany) but never seen such a
variation from car to car.  Why does VW change the way they equip the car so differently
from car to car?

Bob