Re: VW Club - worth it? -Reply

>>> Chuck Simpson <csimpson@zeltech.com> 02/10/98 08:56am >>>
>>Stefan Hudson wrote:
>>
>> Is anyone a member?  Is it worth it?  Are there actually any
>> "participating VW Club Dealers" that I might be able to get
>> a discount from?

>I'm a member.  I was actually impressed when I got my first package
<snip> (list of goodies...)
>I'm not sure about "VW Club Dealers"...  but I think its worth the small

A membership package is really cool.  As far as a local Dealer discount
- - well, call your local dealer and find out.  Make sure you document your
conversation (see later text).

VW brochure, as I recall, advertises 15% discount on parts and labor.
My dealer offers 10% discount on both.  I have saved at least $40 on
parts and repair since June 1997.  Obviously, the VW Club memebership
payed off.

Last time I went to a service, the dealer tried to weasel out of 10% labor
discount.  They said - only 10% on parts.  After I told them what they
initially claimed over the phone and showed them old receipts, they
caved in.

Vojin