Re: VW Club - worth it?

Stefan Hudson wrote:

> I think this was discussed here a while back, but it was before
> I had my Jetta, so I didn't pay too much attention.
>
> I was going through some of the stuff I got from VW after getting
> the car, and I came across the VW Club application.
>
> Is anyone a member?  Is it worth it?  Are there actually any
> "participating VW Club Dealers" that I might be able to get
> a discount from?
>
> And I thought the VW Visa card was canceled... but it's listed
> as a benefit on the thing I got...
>
> --
>      /// Stefan Hudson <hudson@mbay.net>
> __  /// Senior Network Administrator - Monterey Bay Internet
> \\\/// http://www.mbay.net/  -  Email: info@mbay.net
>  \XX/ Voice: 408-642-6100  Fax: 408-642-6101  Modem: 408-642-6102

I'm a member.  I was actually impressed when I got my first package
in from VW Club.  It contained a T-Shirt (with a small VW Club logo
on the front), a United States road atlas, a 30-minute VW phone card,
sticker,
a booklet with lots of cool discounts on hotels/foods/etc (like the
entertainment
books, but not as thick), and an application for a VISA (which you send
them a picture of your very own VW vehicle, and they place that on your
card)... which is pretty damn cool if you ask me.  They also send you a
quarterly newsletter about various VW stuff.

I'm not sure about "VW Club Dealers"...  but I think its worth the small

amount of money for the membership.

- --
Charles M. Simpson Jr.
Systems Administrator