Re: New to the list.

On 02/06/98 12:53:45 you wrote:

>David Kim wrote:
>>

>[SNIP!]
>
>> the European headlight switch, allows you to disable the Daytime Driving
>> Lights (DRL's).  In addition, you retain the ability to have only the
>>
>> parking lights on
>> parking lights and foglights
>> parking lights and foglights and headlights
>> parking lights and foglights and headlights and rear foglights
>> also with the above with high beams
>>
>> on the European headlight switch there is another setting between the
>> off position and the headlight on position, where on the stock headlight
>> switch there is only a off position and headlight on position.  With the
>> European headlight switch, in addition, to pulling out the headlight
>> switch towards you to activate the foglights, pulling the switch towards
>> you again activates the rear foglights.  The rear foglights on the
>> Jettas are already built in from the factory, but one needs to install
>> the bulbs by drilling a 1" hole to insert the bulb and also running a
>> wire from the rear foglights to the headlights switch is necessary.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> David Kim
>> 1997 Vento GLX
>>
>> P.S.  Euroswitch approx. $70.00
>>       Bulb .50
>>       Wire ?
>
>Thanks for all the info. One last thing. Is this Euroswitch
>something I order as an option from my dealer or is it an
>after market option?
>
>greg.
>--
>       _________     USPA: A-20947
>       __  ____/__________________ _    gregory@slmd.com
>       _  / __ __  ___/  _ \_  __ `/    gregory@halcyon.com
>       / /_/ / _  /   /  __/  /_/ /     Spacelabs Medical Inc.
>       \____/  /_/    \___/_\__, /      Intesys Division.
>                           /____/       (206)867-7327

Greg,

some VW dealerships like Timmons VW carry the European headlight switch.
Pickup a copy of European Car magazine, Timmons VW's advertisement will be
located towards the back of the issue.  Mention that you read European Car
magazine and that you are a member of the Gti-VR6/Jetta GLX list you will
recieve a 10% discount.  Also, the European headlight switch can be
purchased at aftermarket tuners such as Neuspeed, Rapid Parts, Velocity,
Autotech, etc....

Hope this helps,

David Kim
1997 Vento GLX