Re: Blaupunkt+VW

Guys,

I have a Blaupunkt Aspen in my 95 and it fits  "Beautifully".  I just checked with
Crutchfield and they confirmed that there is NO difference in size between the
Aspen and the Las Vegas, or the 95 and 98 dashboards.  My Aspen even looks almost
factory.  It matches the interior black very well.  None of that glassy, shiny,
showy, round faced, bulging stuff you get with other manufacturers.  Oh, and get
this, the factory module (Premium stereo) plugs fit the back of the Blaupunkts.
BUT, you still need adapters.  :-(  Unless you want to do some mind numbing
rewiring on the existing plugs.  Arg....

Hey, ya know now that I think about it, I photo documented in GREAT detail the
installation of my head unit and 10 disc changers.  I should scan them and create
a web page.

Later,

Joe