RE:Head units that fit?

<<<<
cHRIs wrote:

> ummm, i am looking at the Crutchfield catalog right this second, and it
says
> that Las Vegas is 6 3/4" where a 98 Jetta can hold only 6 3/8".
>
> i hope that you got an spacer that will make for the extra space needed!
>         and if you did, there will be about 1/4"-1/2" sticking out of you
dash
OK I have heard posts go back and forth on head units but which have
people used
that fit?  I have been looking for a replacement of the tape deck on my
97 GLX that
will fit.   I don't want to spend a ton of money but the only ones that
seem like they
would fit cost a bundle.  What have people on the list used and how much
did it cost?
Was installation a problem?
If this has been talked about to death and people don't want to start in
again then just
email me.  If enough of you do I will make a list up and post it so
people have and idea
of what they can get in what price range.
Dan

- - --
    _/_/_/_/    _/_/_/_/    _/  Webpoet and Moosh
      _/        _/        _/_/  "how do you know I'm mad?" Alice
     _/         _/      _/  _/  "You must be or you wouldn't have
    _/          _/    _/_/_/_/   come here."-Cheshire cat
_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/   _/      _/   isa@philabs.research.philips.com
My views are not those of my employer, mother or my fiancee.

i don't know if there's a depth difference between  95 through 97, but i've
used an Eclipse and a Sony, both of which fit with out a problem.  A friend
installed an Alpine with out problems either.

Danno