Re: Voiding warranty / what to do about exploding tranny

Hey all,

All discussion of warranty coverage (or lack of) aside, what can we do to
stop the exploding tranny problem? Is there any way to beef up this tranny
any? I know of the "disconnect the ABS" solution, but how else? Can the
VAG1551 or similar disable the traction control function, leaving the ABS
intact? It would seem to me that it couldn't as the traction control sounds
like it's inherent to the ABS system.

VW payed for one, I don't want to pay for the next. BTW, I have no
stickers, with the chip exception, no performance mods, evenly worn GA's
(ughh), and mine died at about 22k.

Josh

xjosh@one.net

- ----------
> From: deecee@exit109.com
> To: jettaglx@igtc.COM
> Cc: gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com
> Subject: Voiding warranty
> Date: Monday, February 02, 1998 8:34 PM
>
> I was speaking to a friend who works at another VW dealer about voiding
> warranty.  I remember him telling me that his Service Manager had a
> warranty voided. Here is the story.
> The Service Manager had the power train warranty voided on 1 Passat 2
Golfs
> and 1Jetta. All as a result of abuse. In all cases the transmission had
> been destroyed internally. Not just the usual chipped reverse but
destroyed
> spider gears and holes thru the case as a result of flying shrapnel. The
> cars all showed the same signs. Neuspeed stickers and other bolt on crap,
> front tires were worn down to the tread indicator bars with the car
having
> low mileage and the rear tires in much better condition more true to the
> mileage. The cars were all repaired at VWOA's expense. The District
Service