Voiding warranty

I was speaking to a friend who works at another VW dealer about voiding
warranty.  I remember him telling me that his Service Manager had a
warranty voided. Here is the story.
The Service Manager had the power train warranty voided on 1 Passat 2 Golfs
and 1Jetta. All as a result of abuse. In all cases the transmission had
been destroyed internally. Not just the usual chipped reverse but destroyed
spider gears and holes thru the case as a result of flying shrapnel. The
cars all showed the same signs. Neuspeed stickers and other bolt on crap,
front tires were worn down to the tread indicator bars with the car having
low mileage and the rear tires in much better condition more true to the
mileage. The cars were all repaired at VWOA's expense. The District Service
Manager made the call after inspecting each case and informed the customer
that the powertrain portion of their warranty was voided because of abuse.

I know this thread has appeared before and every one had opinions each way.
These cars are  made to high performance specs,but in some cases owners
will go beyond what is considered maximum. If they want something more
bulletproof I suggest a used tank.

 I work on these cars everyday.

Don