Re: Rear brake caliper

You can go to an auto shop and get thick grease in a spray can.  I was
suffering from frozen doors for a day or so into our cold snap.  Not
because the doors themselves were frozen, but because the latch had
frozen.  So i sprayed some of this stuff into it, and it pretty much
cleared the problem up.  My mechanic told me that the type of grease
(which name escapes me, i'll get back to you) works its way into all the
moving parts, forcing the water out.  he said i should spray it on my
hubs, which are exposed with the winter rims, to keep the salt and water
out.  Haven't had a problem since (with the doors).  Perhaps this could
be useful as well, in your parking brake.

Nothin' beats a good winterizing... :)

sundie...