RE: Off the THREAD

Little of what I've read concerning the blue headlights' light production
has been good. The blue range of the spectrum tends to glare much more than
a more yellow light. My understanding is that they produce less useable
light and more glare for both yourself and the oncoming traffic. They also
may be illegal and ticketable in some areas.

The true HID lights which appear to be bluish are really more of a pure
white light, especially when compared to the yellowish beam even halogen
lights produce (note, you have a blue tinted halogen, how much of the yellow
light the filament produces is going to be cancelled out?). They are also
aimed very carefully (European countries require automatic aiming systems)
and designed optically to reduce glare.

Tim Irwin
'98 GLX