Re: Jetta 4

At 10:51 AM -0800 12/10/98, Funk Dr. Spock wrote:
>Hello,
>What is the deal with the Jetta GLX? I'm currently putting my A3 Jetta
>back to stock to trade back in at the dealership so I can purchase one.
>Every dealership has a different story ie.. there will be no GLSVR6,when
>the product poster states so...The GLX won't be here till may/june,when
>one dealership here says they will be the only one getting a silver one in
>December.??????? Sounds like VW salesmen are all smoking crack and can't
>get their stories straight. I read the new EC, and to me that appears to
>be the GLS VR6 with the luxary package not the GLX at all.(Take a look at
>the product guide and you'll see what I mean) The one draw back I see is
>that the new Jetta is over priced at $25,000!!!!!!! for a jetta , come
>on!!!!! The price is the only doubt I have about purchasing one. I'd
> rather pay $20,000 for a VR6 GLS than an extra 5 grand for automatic rain
>sensors!!!!

As I understand it:

The Jetta GLX will arrive sometime between spring and summer (April-June).

The Jetta GLS, however, will be available this month, or early January. The
GLS VR6 will be available Feb-March timeline. We might see GLX's about this
time too.

The prices for the Jetta GL will start at $16,500.
The GLS and TDI will be just under $18,000.
The GLS TDI will be under $19,000.
The GLS VR6 will be under $21,000.
The GLX VR6 will be about $22,500.
The GLX VR6 totally loaded will be around $25,000, the GLS VR6 totally
loaded, about $24,000.

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                                       Verio
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225