RE: GLX -Automatic ONLY?!?!?! What da &%$#

I can honestly say that I don't like it enough to buy one.  I have driven it on a Porsche, Audi and on the new Passat GLS V6.

In my opinion, the novelty wears off very quickly.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jettaglx@igtc.com [mailto:owner-jettaglx@igtc.com]On Behalf Of Michael Rogan
Sent: Monday, December 07, 1998 8:49 AM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: GLX -Automatic ONLY?!?!?! What da &%$#

Have any of you ever driven a car with a tiptronic transmission? Having driven an AUDI A4 quattro and a race car with a synchro(no clutch) transmission I can tell you that driving is believing. Test drive the Audi hard and then say you dont like the shifting. You will out shift any 5-speed guaranteed.

RAfA95 wrote:

I am told that the new Passat GLX's with all-wheel-drive will only be
offered in automatic/tip transmission.  This was verified by \X/ customer
relations.

Who's stupid idea is this.  I thought VW wanted us to Drive their cars, not
just steer them.

Please take some time and remind VW who we are, DRIVERS!!!! If everyone
could take 5 or 10 minutes to call them and suggest that they offer the all
of their cars including the new Passat GLX (All-wheel-Drive) in stick.....

VW customer relations (800) 822-8987

Make sure you tell them that you want this documented in the Product
Suggestion database.

ThanXs
RAfA
Past:
'90 Jetta GL (STICK)
Present:
'85-92 GTI (home grown)
'98 Jetta GLX (STICK)
Future:
2000 Passat GLX (hope it will be a STICK)