Re: Miles per gallon...

Yeah... maybe your Garret chip helps you get such great gas mileage.
I have a Stock GLX and I'm getting very near the 30 mpg range during
freeway trips.  The only reason I did compare the fuel efficiency is because

someone else on the list was amazed that I actually did get between
29-30 mpg!

So I'm assuming that I can get a Garret chip and have several more mpg
added to my current amount.  *sweet*

For a 6-cyl. engine, I don't think 30 mpg is all that bad.  I wouldn't go
as far to say it is a gas guzzler.

Do better tires really reduce torque steer???  I've never heard this
before.  If others can confirm... then I'll go out this weekend and buy
some new treads!!!  My GA's suck... but they felt fine at 130+ rev-limits.
The only time I ever feel UNsafe in my car is during acceleration and my
car wants to pull at all sorts of directions other than straight.

c-ya,

-Chuck Simpson...
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6