From: George Turner, Jr. <george@dxnet.com>
To: jettaglx@igtc.com <jettaglx@igtc.com>
Date: Sunday, August 30, 1998 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: Type R revisited

>hey Matt, that could not have been a *real* type r that you races against
at the track.  if it was, then the driver completely did not know what he
was doing.  I have a friend that I autocross with that owns a *real* type r.
That car beats mine in every aspect of car racing.  it smokes me on the
autocross, on the track, and the dragstrip.  Believe you me, I am no punk!!!
My car runs a 1/4 in 15.25 @95.9 mph..... his type r *stock* runs high 13's
all day long.... I have only seen 2 type R's, and one my friend owns, the
other was at an auto show.  A type r runs almost the same times as a Acura
nsx.  If you are into the car video called 'options' you will see a 2 and 4
door type r beat the pants off a nsx, turbo mr2, turbo rx7, and some other
car...  that car comes race ready with a tail that actually generates down
force...not just for looks.  it also has beefy front and rear sway bars,
hand built/bored engine, and loads of other stuff.  every knows that I hate
Honda's and Acu!
>ra's, but if I did not have my glx, I would be in a *real* type r, not one
of those imitation sticker downed versions...