RE: Report on recent mods/purchases (Suspension, Brakes, K&N)

At 9:58 AM -0600 8/28/98, Yui, Stephen wrote:
>Hi Tom,
>
>I noticed two mods that I'd like to inquire about.  First, is the locking
>gas door something that I can add?  I've always had a locking gas door on my
>previous cars, I guess it's just a sense on security.  Secondly, how do you
>"Beepless-Arm" your alarm?  As functional as it may be, it's kind of
>annoying at times.

Yes, you can add it. How easy it is to add it depends on several factors,
the most important being, does your Jetta's body have the mounting bracket
behind the felt padding in the inside rear panel inside your trunk?

For more information, see the webpage that I put up:

http://www.khan.org/Jetta/fueldoor.html

Some day I hope to replace the ASCII drawings with real pictures. If anyone
will be doing the install, and has the presence of mind to bring a
disposable camera, I'd love to include your photo's in my webpage!!!

-Khan

--
Khan Klatt
1997 VW Jetta GLX, Emerald Green