Re: cleannig the engine compartment

In a message dated 8/18/98 2:22:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, vw-j@webtv.net
writes:

<<  hey all!
 I am really wanting to clean out the engine compartment in my 98 GLX.
 it's still clean, just a bit dusty.  I don't want it to get away from me
 though.  I want to just use my 1300 psi preasure sprayer.  do you think
 this is a bad idea?  i figured i could just bag some of the parts that
 can't get wet, or should i worry about it.  how do you all clean yours?
   jeremy 98 red glx vr6 >>

Jeremy,

I have cleaned my 98 GLX engine compartment 3 times in 2 months. I have done
it at the car wash with just the non-trigger pulled pressure once. I have done
it at home with the hose twice. I have not had any problems so far. I try not
to directly spray the plug wires where they attach to the ignition. I don't
bag anything, although maybe I should. I never pull the trigger and use high
pressure at the car wash. I washed the engine on my 95 GLX almost once a month
in this same fashion for the two years I had it and never had a problem. I
follow up with a good wipe-down of all the hoses with Armor-All or 2001.
Hope this helps.

Kenny
KHofm33399@aol.com
98 GLX Silver Arrow