RE: Hot mirrors

The side mirrors on my 98 GLX seem to be hot all the time, too. I don't
have the heated seats and wiper nozzle option, either. I thought the
mirror heaters came on when you turn on the rear window de-fogger. I
checked the grid on the rear window and it wasn't warm [thought maybe
the relay was stuck]. If they're SUPPOSED to be hot all the time, it
seems like bad design on VW's part.