Re: Hot mirrors

In a message dated 8/13/98 8:57:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bwanamaker@sofsol.com writes:

The mirrors on my 98 GLX are warm all the time too, and I think it's pretty
well standard that they stay on when the ignition is on in our cars.  A friend
of mine with a 98 GTI VR6 is in the same situation.  I personally don't think
it's anything to worry about, but It does seem like in inefficient setup.

Kenny
KHofm33399@aol.com
98 GLX Silver Arrow

<< The side mirrors on my 98 GLX seem to be hot all the time, too. I don't
 have the heated seats and wiper nozzle option, either. I thought the
 mirror heaters came on when you turn on the rear window de-fogger. I
 checked the grid on the rear window and it wasn't warm [thought maybe
 the relay was stuck]. If they're SUPPOSED to be hot all the time, it
 seems like bad design on VW's part. >>