Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 22:13:04 -0400
From: deecee@exit109.com
Subject: [gti-vr6] This will get your panties in a knot!

Some of you will get your panties in a knot over this. Well here it goes.
Today my VW OTS was paying a routine visit. I always pump him for
information that pertains to warranty and your GTI.  Beginning sometime in
January 1999 the DCS computer system which ALL VW/Audi dealers are
connected to will have a new box to identify cars with performance
modifications. There is a screen that the dealer uses to check for open
campaigns,delivery date,selling dealer etc. This is were the information
will be.  It will be the dealers responsibility to enter this information.
Eventually VW will know exactly which cars have been modified.  I was also
told that warranty is going to crack down on warranty repairs on modified
vehicles. They are trying to keep the warranty per vehicle cost down.
Trust me VW will do everything to save a buck. Just look at the piece of
shit called the NewBeetle.  If your car is brought in for squeaks and
rattles and you have over sized wheels and tires,performance exhaust or
sway bars. Tough shit no coverage. Put the car back to OEM than we will
look at it.  Wipe out a trans and the dealer finds the ECM has been opened
Tough shit get out your check book.  Install that after market CD changer
and fry some wires Tough shit your problem.  Take the suitcase off clean
out the air cleaner Your car will become a marked car. This way if you
bounce from dealer to dealer everyone will know about your car and it's
repair history. What will happen. On a marked car  first warranty will
request every part replaced including paperwork, 1551 strips. Sooner or
later the dealers will get tired of waiting a longer than normal time for
reimbursement than they will start enforcing the warranty coverage to the
letter.  I was also told that he had a video tape and serial numbers of
GTI/GLX's drag racing.  Sounds like the Gestapo are back in business again!

A few years ago VW would never think about doing any of this shit. Now all
of a sudden they think they are "King of the World"  See what a little
money does!

Don

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef