Consumer reports

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Does anyone here read consumer reports?  I usually feel that their
     reviews of cars are for shit, but ususally their statistics are pretty
     reliable.  Well Oct 6 Business week printed CR's list of most
     unreliable cars, having more repairs than average....

     CATAGORY           MODEL                               HOW MUCH WORSE
                                                            THAN AVE.
     small cars         Volkswagen Golf VR6/Jetta VR6           50%
     medium cars        Saab 900                                62%
     large cars         Dodge Intrepid                          33%
     coupes             Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Avenger          53%
     sports cars        Eagle Talon/Mitsubishi Eclipse          87%  Yikes!
     luxury cars        Cadillac Seville                        10%
     minivans           Chevrolet Astro/GMC Safari              37%
     pickup trucks      Dodge Ram 4WD                           63%
     Sport-utility      Land Rover Discovery                    86%

     Moral to this story, Stay Away from Chrysler built cars!

     If you are so lucky to have had nothing happen to your VR6, consider
     your self lucky, mine has been a total piece of crap. (unfortunately I
     love it when it is running and therefore still have it.  Call me a
     masochist)

     andy