really weird problem

I don't know if anyone has ever had this problem or ever heard of anything
like this happening, but this morning as I was driving to school, I was on
the highway and shifted into 5th gear. Anyways, I was in gear and driving
for a bit, when all of a sudden my car lost all power, basically stalled,
the engine light came on, and then it resumed to its normal operation.
This all happened in about the span of 3 seconds. I could understand that
if my engine had been cold or not up to operating temperature this might
happen, but I had been on the highway for a good 20 min. Has anyone ever
experienced this, or is this just an anomoly that I should not be worried
about.

I also wanted to let anyone know that if you live in Detroit, that Joe
Ricci Volkswagen has totally revamped their service department and their
new employees are AWESOME!!! If you need service I highly recommed
checking them out. They just replaced a bunch of problems on my car
without asking any questions or giving me any problems. Just wanted to let
you know.

Thanks.
Hakan.

97' Black Jetta GLX