'98 changes and really good people

I briefly checked out a '98 Jetta GLX today.  I saw that there is no longer
a lock cylinder in the RF door handle.  I was told that the trunk lock
cylinder no longer has a horizontal position (where you can open it by
pushing on the button when the car is fully unlocked).  So to get in the
trunk you have to have a key, keyless entry, or use the console switch.
Personally, I prefer the simpler system like what came on the '94s, but I
guess the newer "selective unlocking" versions are deemed necessary due to
safety/security issues.  Also, there a few color changes and a price
increase of $25.  The real excitement is being reserved for next fall and
the G/J 4.

Part of the reason I was at the dealer, Bernardsville (NJ) VW, today is
that I was looking for donations for the New York City Multiple Sclerosis
Bike Ride that I'm doing this Sunday.  Almost all of the employees were
more than willing to dig into their own pockets and I came away with
exactly three times the amount of pledges than I expected.  Much thanks are
in order for Don, Ken, Jerry, Bill, Tony D., Skip, Ron, Mano, Nancy, Lori,
John (who I recently leased my car from), Peter, Ersin, Dom, Todd, Jimmy,
Tibor Jr., and Tony A.  I already knew that they were "good people" because
I worked there until three years ago when I returned to school, but today
they showed me that they are "really good people".

- -Chris