Clutch Problems

Over the last few weeks (or longer) there have been posts about squeeky
clutches. My 95' GLX always had a squeek (not the chirping thing which is
something else entirely) that could be heard outside the car with the motor
off everytime you depressed the clutch. This progressively got worse over
time, and eventually the clutch wouldn't always come back up (about 10% of
the time) to it's normal position.

The dealer just called me and said that the throw-out bearing was shot. He
also mentioned that he has seen this problem in more than one 94-95
GLX/GTI. Just an FYI for those with squeeking clutches. BTW, the car has
about 41,000 miles on it.

- -jamie