Pirelli P700Z 205/50-15 $71 at The TireRack

Hi folks,

Well I took my car in for the old Texas State inspection and I was told
that my to back tires, Eagle GAs (which had recently been rotated from
the front), had to be replaced before the car would pass inspection. So,
off in search of tires I went.  Well the local big tire place, NTB, only
had one kind of tire that would fit my car and I had NEVER heard of the
brand. So, I hit the old TireRack web page ( www.tirerack.com) and
searched by tire size, 205/50-15. Low and behold there were Pirelli
P700Zs for $71! Well, I asked a couple of guys around here that race
SCCA and they said that was a damn good price.  My dealer even made the
same comment! So I bought four and shipped them 2nd day for about $35.

If any one needs 205/50-15s I would check out the Tire Rack.  I NEVER
thought I would buy tires via mail order.  Oh for those of you who have
the 215/50-15s, your size in the Pirelli P700Z is currently $163 per
tire.  Sorry...

Joe
95 GLX

PS: I only had about 22k miles on those two bad tires. I went one year
with out rotating them.  Moral, ROTATE YOUR TIRES!   Oh, the Pirelli's
have about half the tread wear rating that the GAs have.