Re: Aftermarket Head Units

Vaso,

I think all of the current Bluapukts have a green display. And it, too,
matches closely the interior lighting.  I'm not sure, but it may have
dual
illumination like the Kenwoods(Green and Orange).  You are correct, the
Blaupunkt head unit does not match exactly. It extends out from the dash

about an eighth of an inch and it has about a sixteenth of an inch gap
on
either side.  But the flat face and flat black plastic used on the face
make
it just about the closest thing we will find to the factory head.

Besides, to me, it's a small sacrifice for ALL the additional features
you
get with an after market head unit.

Joe

Vaso Bovan wrote:

> >Message text written by INTERNET:jettaglx@igtc.COM
> >Go for a Blaupunkt Head unit.  I just installed one in my 95 GLX
> > and it looks damn near factory.

> >>One problem with replacing the stock unit is that the hole in the
> >>Jetta/Golf dashboard is very square. I looked everywhere about
> >>a year ago and could not find a head unit - at any price - that had
> >>an equally square faceplate. This means that any aftermarket head
> >>unit will look like it doesn't belong in the dashboard. (At the
> >>corners, some of the plastic/metal under the dashboard will show
> >>through. Really ugly in my view). I think an aftermarket head unit
> >>will instantly cheapen the look of your elegant black-leather
> >>interior by a thousand dollars so keep the factory unit for
> >>reinstallation when you sell. <
>
> Yes, of all available aftermarket head units, some of the Blaupunkts
> look closest to factory stock - but not close enough for my taste.
Isn't