Re: Factory Changer vs Head Unit

Message text written by INTERNET:jettaglx@igtc.COM
 =

>> Call me clueless! I had my MB Quart/PPI setup installed at the same
>> place that did your system install. Where are these line outs? I
>> have a 1997 Jetta GLX (11/96 build date) with the factory premium
>> sound system (Clarion) and they couldn't find them, so they resorted
>> in using a converter.

>I also think that the Clarion-made Premium units don't have the pre-amp
outputs, but give me details if I'm wrong. <

Phone Kurt, Manager at AMS Stereo, in Mountain View, CA, @ 650.967.2267,
for full details. Tell him this is the VW Premium Stereo hidden line leve=
outputs issue that he has to explain every so often when the it comes up =
on
VW newsgroups. Perhaps someone can write a posting for storage on some
webpage.