Mods to console?

I just hate the cup holders and little "black hole" that I have as my
center console for my GLX. Won't hold drinks very well (any thing
reasonably sized, anyway), and it's a pain to put stuff into the "black
hole" like a cell phone or anything...

So, I ask: Has anyone modified their center console to accomodate items
other than those that you played with when you were a kid? I have a stick
shift, and I don't know if it makes a difference, but there is a HUGE lack
of places to put things in the GLX (except for the door pockets, which are
gargantuan compared to the glovebox).

- -Khan

P.S. In the late 60's they had a competition about how many people could
fit into a VW Bug. In the late 90's they need a competition about how many
gloves could fit into a 97 GLX glovebox!

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.			    (360) 650-0442 x13
http://www.khan.org			     http://www.pacificrim.net

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers