Re: stealth upgrade; front spoiler

you don't need them b/c your car is black; but if you notice on a
colored car, there are vertical fins that attach the lower front spoiler
to the bumper cover;

they are the same color as the body; looks better blacked out

Bryan Holt wrote:

> christopher n. collier wrote:
> >
> > hi all, chris collier here,
> >
> > i just went by the VW dealer today and picked up some parts that i
> had
> > ordered; they are small clippable covers for the lower front
> bumpers;
> > they are stock on the new cabbies;
> >
> > neat "blackout" feature for colored cars; mine being white, you
> could
> > see the six "fins" that attached the lower front air dam to the
> > bumper;(in front of the lower end of radiator);
> > since the other lower grills were black from the factory i thought i
>
> > would add the covers to rid myself of the white fins;
> >
> > they are only $1.26 apiece, and we need 6 of them to do the job;
> > inexpensive upgrade for the stealth look in the front;
> >
> > part #1HM 807 245 01C
> > 1 piece
> > cover 0694
> >
> > works very well on colored cars; obviously the black cars' fins are
> > already stealth;
> >
> > just thought i would pass this along;
> >
> > --
> > christopher n. collier
> > collier@iglou.com
> >
> Hey Chris, sorry but i don't understand what you mean by black fins.
> My
> car is black so from you explanation i guess i dont need them/want
> them.  is it part of the bumper that they cover or the air damn?  Just
>
> curious, thanks.
>
> --

> Bryan Holt      97' Jetta GLX
>
> System: Oz, AudioControl, Hifonics, Clarion.
>
> Mods: Neuspeed Sofsports, Bilstein HD's,
>       17" rims, Nitto 501's, k&n filter.

- --
christopher n. collier
collier@iglou.com

SCCA Member
R254561
Region 017

97 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Digest Version of Mods Available Upon Request.......

In search/need of a 2.0L 16v engine for project car