Re: vw autopoints

Hey Zeek,
	The way I built up my autopoints was by the first method you mentioned.
If I was paying for something that could be charged, including food, gas,
Columbia House CD Club, college tuition, even a motorcycle (a used Honda
Hawk GT), I put it on the card.  After 3.5 years of earning points, I had
1849 points when I picked up my GLX on 9/4.  To maximize the benefits, I
followed two basic rules: never getting anything that I wouldn't have
gotten without the card and never carrying a balance into the next month.
It sounds like you have pretty much got this part covered.  I'd be careful
about trying any "get points quick" schemes.  It could end up costing more
than you get back.  The extent of my scheming went something like this: If
I went out to dinner with friends, I would be in charge of the paying the
bill (using the card) and collecting the money from them.  When we would go
to concerts, I would order all the tickets.  Last summer when I did a
motorcycle track school with a friend, I paid for both of our school fees
and hotel room with the card.  I think you get the idea.  If you do this,
though, just be absolutely sure you can trust your friends.

Chris

PS- I don't think the SEC would be too happy about people charging stock
purchases.