Re: Repair wheel, not replace!

I had my set of (4) O.Z. Evolutions straightened by Ye Old Wheel Shop last
year after having been damaged by road construction on my daily route to
work.  The work was excellent and you couldn't even tell that the wheels
had been repaired.
They do charge a little extra if they have to remove the wheel from the
tire but the  work was done in about 3-4 days and they mounted the wheels
back on my car at no charge with balancing included.
I tried to find another shop in the area before going to them but came up
empty.  Other than that you'll have to send your damaged wheel via UPS to a
shop out of state (check European Car magazine for some of the wheel repair
shops).  I think the closest one to our area is in Bath, PA.

Curtis

- ----------
> From: Stephen Saulnier <ssaulnier@camber.com>
> To: gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com; jettaglx@igtc.com
> Subject: Repair wheel, not replace!
> Date: Thursday, October 30, 1997 8:37 AM
>
> Greetings all!
>
> 	Well the  news on the wife's arguement with the curb - no damage and the
> wheel is still functional! Visions of $1000 repair bills were replaced
with
> a $50 bill for a new alignment. Anyone in the Washington DC area, Fairfax
> Volkswagon has a pretty good service department. Anyway, the wheel is
> cosmetically marred (two spokes are scratched and gouged) and I was
> wondering if anyone knew of any wheel  repair places in the DC area.
George
> Achorn gave me the name of one, Ye Old Wheel Shop, in Laural MD (thanks
> George!), but I'm looking to shop around a bit to get the best deal.
Anyone