Rear Stress Bar on a Jetta

Ya know I was looking at my GLX today to figure out how I am going to
adjust the rear Koni's once they are installed (btw, anyone know how?!?)
when I noticed that it appears that we Jetta owners already have a rear
stress bar.  There is a HUGE hunk of steel welded in between the two
strut towers.  I think it is partially for anchoring the rear seats; but
nonetheless it is a welded bar in between the two towers.  Am I wrong or
right in think this?  All you Jetta GLX owners out there go check it
out!

Mark Radelow
VW Jetta Homepage
http://jetta.aosi.net