Re: CD-Changer for Bose System in 98 GLX

Mitch,

Thanks for the good info. I agree with you. I installed an Elipse in my 95 GLS
and loved it dearly. Although, I quickly got caught up in all sorts of add-ons;
power amps, subwoofer, cross-over, new speakers, etc.. UGH! Suprisingly, I'm
very impressed with the Bose factory system. I've told myself not to repeat the
spending frenzy surrounding my first stereo mod. I'm afraid, this may not be
possible as I'm already drowning in new stereo catalogs, websites, etc... (Here
we go again!) But I admit, Crutchfield provides more of an education than a
catalog. I file these on my bookshelf, if you can beleive...

Anyway, my question regarding the Bose add-on changer in more of a short term
solution. The local Best Buy store is closing out Panasonic CD-Changers for
only $99.00! They say they are dropping Panasonic as a brand and need to make
room for the new lines before Christmas. So, if this thing works, I can temper
my desires... or just displace the urges to something more fun, like a P-chip
upgrade. :)

You mentioned I'd need to rewire the changer cable. Is this as easy as plugging
in a new cable or will I need a wiring diagram? Any advice is appreciated.

> P.S. Does your passanger door have a door lock on it?  Did your car come
> with a trunk cargo net?  Do the back doors have speakers in them (or just
> fake tweeters)?  I can tell you a 5 minute way to disable the "La Cuc A Ra
> Cha" door alarm if you want!

No lock on passenger door. No trunk cargo net. No speakers in back door...
Facky on the doors, but extra set above the rear deck tweats. Sheesh, i'm
starting to feel jipped!

Thanks again!
Jason