Re: CD-Changer for Bose System in 98 GLX

Jason,

I have a '97 GLX with the factory Bose system.  The Bose systems use a
Panasonic head unit and changer, the non-Bose systems use a Clarion.  I
didn't want a changer and I had heard rumors that replacing the head unit
would greatly improve the sound quality of the already good (in my
opionion) Bose system.  Boy were the rumors right!  I installed a Eclipise
head unit with the 5volt pre-amp output.  It works great, and the lights
and trim match perfectly.  Others have complained about their head units
not fitting correctly in the factory hole (the edges are too square).  Mine
came out great!  The lights even dim with the factory dim control!

If you are still interested in a changer, Crutchfield has a Panasonic
changer and adaptor that will work for around $300.  Problem is, I think
you have to run a new wire from the head unit to the changer instead of
using the factory wireing. (alot of work!).

Email me if you have any other questions!

Mitch

P.S. Does your passanger door have a door lock on it?  Did your car come
with a trunk cargo net?  Do the back doors have speakers in them (or just
fake tweeters)?  I can tell you a 5 minute way to disable the "La Cuc A Ra
Cha" door alarm if you want!

email: mitchman@oneworld.owt.com
web:  http://www.owt.com/users/mitchman/