CD-Changer for Bose System in 98 GLX

My order just came in... 98 GLX! Whoo hoo! One problem. Been driving it
for 600 miles and not having a CD player is killing me!
I've heard rumors and a few "authoritive" accounts in newsgroups that
panasonic and clarion changers will work with the factory installed Bose
system. is this true? Does anyone have experience connecting NON-factor
changers to the Bose system in a GLX?

I've seen adapters available for non-VW Bose systems that allow the
connection of various Alpine, Panasonic and Clarion changers to the
factory controler. Where would I find something similar for VW?

Thanks,
Jason