Re: help replacing the antenna cable

Bryan,

The factory cable doesn't have a separate lead for the 12V power to the
Fuba antenna.  Instead, the factory head unit simply sends 12 volts down
the antenna wire.  You need to figure out how to splice 12 volts in to the
wire that your stereo guys wired to the antenna and which is positive and
negative.  (I think the center is positive and the shielding is negative).
Also remember to hook this up to a 12 volt power source that's switched via
the key.  My shop has an adaptor that converts the VW connector to a
standard one as well as providing a extra wire for 12 volt power.Just
explain your problem to a couple of shops and pick the most competent one.
It shouldn't cost more than $35.  Good luck!

Mitch

email: mitchman@oneworld.owt.com
web:  http://www.owt.com/users/mitchman/