Re: Cruise Control problem [Was] VR6 oil leaks:[Was] Synthetic trans oil

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Bryan L. Purdy wrote:

> I've found the cruise control on my '97 to be the most feature-deprived I've
> seen.  It is limited to on-off, set, and resume.  No "coast" option.  Only
> works manually as you described.  I really miss the "accelerate" feature
> from my truck.  I also seem to remember my '89 GLi having more options on
> the cruise control.

I have a rather funky problem with my cruise control...the spring on the
clutch pedal doesn't push the clutch all the way to the top sometimes, so
I have to pull it up a bit to make sure the contact isn't telling the
computer that the clutch is engaged.

However, mine will accelerate...if you hold in the set button, it will
speed up.

**************John Andrew Kilpatrick*kilpatri@cs.ucdavis.edu*******************
*  "Tsuki ni kawatte...oshiokiyo!"  |   I do not speak for CS, UC Davis, or   *
*    Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon    |   anyone else.   You have been warned.  *
********************http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~kilpatri/*******************