Re: Cold Air Induction

Aaah!   I couldn't have said it better myself.  I agree with you Byran,
there has to be a trade-off.
The next thing we know somebody is going to suggest using TE coolers for the
airbox!  I think we
need something that does not consume energy from the engine but functions as
the result of
the car moving forward through the air.   I guess what I'm saying or
thinking about is something
similiar to an intercooler thats used on a turbo-diesel.   It would function
as a kind of radiator in reverse
bringing the air down in temp while the car moves forward.   The problem is
how big it has to be and where
in the world can you put it??   I'm beginning to think the best solution is
a combination of things utilizing reflective
surfaces to deflect heat around the airbox, a smaller version of a radiative
type device and some means of forcing air through
without running it off the engine.

Bob