Re: Competition: I Lust For a Japanese Car

>       No, I do not lust for a Honda, not even an NSX. I lust for a Subaru
> Impreza (to parke next to my VW or Audi). I just picked up the new issue of
> Performance Car Magazine from England. At $7.50 it is hard to justify
> picking one up, but the contents were worth it. There is a writeup on the
> SEAT Ibiza Cupra F2 showcar and a road test of the Audi S4 Sedan, as well
> as updated info on the WR12 Showcar. Okay that still isn't enough, but it
> also had a big writup on the world of Rally Racing and highlighted the
> different competitors, no write up on VW Motorsport's team though.
>       Still, what looks pretty damned cool on top of all this, is a road test of
> a Subaru Impreza WRX. This all wheel drive sedan sports 240bhp, 0-60 in 5.6
> seconds and tops out at 140mph. It features a 2.0liter 16V boxer style
> engine that is turbocharged and packs a wallop. I'll take mine in Rally
> Colors (Blue with Gold wheels). This is not to say I'd sell my VW/Audi, but

Naw, you don't want that.

What you really want is the original interpretation of it: A Lancia Delta
Integrale, preferably an Evoluzione. Lancia won the rally championships
undisputed for years and finally pulled out because the competition just
wasn't there.

Do a web search for it, I'm sure you'll turn up some interesting info.

My dream car. Never seen one in the states though, just in Europe.

- -Eric

- --
Eric Bosco                                                     Unix Programmer
EricBosco@aol.com, AIM: FastVR6                  Systems & Advanced Technology
http://members.aol.com/ericbosco/                           America Online Inc.