Competition: I Lust For a Japanese Car

	No, I do not lust for a Honda, not even an NSX. I lust for a Subaru
Impreza (to parke next to my VW or Audi). I just picked up the new issue of
Performance Car Magazine from England. At $7.50 it is hard to justify
picking one up, but the contents were worth it. There is a writeup on the
SEAT Ibiza Cupra F2 showcar and a road test of the Audi S4 Sedan, as well
as updated info on the WR12 Showcar. Okay that still isn't enough, but it
also had a big writup on the world of Rally Racing and highlighted the
different competitors, no write up on VW Motorsport's team though.
	Still, what looks pretty damned cool on top of all this, is a road test of
a Subaru Impreza WRX. This all wheel drive sedan sports 240bhp, 0-60 in 5.6
seconds and tops out at 140mph. It features a 2.0liter 16V boxer style
engine that is turbocharged and packs a wallop. I'll take mine in Rally
Colors (Blue with Gold wheels). This is not to say I'd sell my VW/Audi, but
I'd love this little sleeper to share a place in the Garage. Too bad it is
not available in the US. We have to settle with the good but not great
Impreza RS 2.5 Coupe.
	As for VW Content, VW needs a small awd car in the US to compete with the
Impreza business. Be it a Golf Syncro or an Audi A3 Quattro, get it the
freak over here. Later-G