New GLX owner

Hello all,

I'm new to the list and wanted to say hi.. I live in central Florida and
have a '98 metallic dark green GLX.. I had a '95 GLS black but always
wished I had the VR6 and traded it in.. My background as for vehicles comes
from having high performance street bikes but I'm out of that now so I'm
pleased to have found the GLX sport car which is almost as much fun but
alot safer :)  Anyway, I'm glad to be here..

Questions..
Is there a FAQ for this list?

I'm interested in upgrading my street performance (commuter), heard about
the chip and air filter.. is there a recommendation?  Is it worth the
effort / money?

How about exhaust systems?  Does it sound whiny or a nice deeper sound?
Which vendors?

Any problems with VW after mods (Ie. 24k service checks etc..) (I have 1k now)

Thanks , nice to see this list exists..