Re: DC Dyno Day Wrapup

The Dyno day was a lot of fun.  I had never even witnessed dyno testing
before, so this was especially exciting.  We had 8 dyno runs AFTER the
official club event.  Most were VWs, but 2 were MR2s!  How's that for
inter-list cooperation!  I was happy that I pulled 151.9 wheel hp at
5700 rpm and 154.2 lb-ft at 4200 rpm.  Since I'm not really sure how
much driveline loss these A3 cars have, I can't really tell my "at the
crank" numbers are.  But I didn't lag too far behind the more heavily
modded cars there.

I also met and hung out with many VW nuts, including a few list members
(George Achorn and Jason Whipple).  Jason even installed the Whipple
mount for me right in the parking lot!  Thanks Jason; I am probably one
of the only ones on the list to have one installed by THE MAN!  The
mount is very good from what I can tell so far.

Thanks to all that participated!  Let's do this again next Spring/Summer
(so we don't freeze). :-)
- --
John Zydell
'96 black Jetta GLX 5-speed
Autothority Chip, K&N drop-in, Mobil 1 motor oil, euro switch,
Turn2 motormount, Zer Cup spoiler, 35% tinted windows,
tinted side marker lights, tinted fog light covers