Re: Short Shifter Kits

At 02:57 PM 11/11/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Go with the ABD short shift.  It is cheap and makes a huge improvement.
>Also get the P-Shift at the same time, it is just a weighted shift rod which
>makes shifting smoother.  You could even make your own P-SHift if you want.

I don't believe that kit fits the GLX (it's for non-VR-6 cars). Out cars
have a cable based shifting mechanism that Neuspeed make a direct
replacement (refabrication) for that drops the throw by ~50%. There was
also someone about 6 months ago posting to Usenet (see attached email below
for email and phone#) who's company developed a kit that was less expensive
than Neuspeed's and had a 40% reduction in throw.

One thing I found about the install is that because of the placement of the
shift box you will need to drop your exhaust to do the install,
complicating things a bit.

- ------------- START INSERTED EMAIL -----------------