Don help! Coolant VR6

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Don you have been awfully quiet lately.  I don't mean to leach you for
     information but I will anyway.  Have you been following the debate
     over the various factory coolants used in the VR6 motor?  In regards
     to the older Blue coolant causeing corrosion and the new Red G-12, and
     possiblely going back to the blue (G-48?)?
        Could you explain what coolants have been used, their differences,
     consequences of use and ability to switch to the "best" (new or old?)
     for the longevity of the VR6?
        I think your input could really clear the air.  Your technical
     knowledge is always valued and much appreciated.

     Thank you

     Andy Atwell