Re: Suspension Setup Suggestions

On 11/5/97 5:35PM, in message <199711060134.RAA03130@mx.seanet.com>, "Patrick
Sherman" <psherman@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Now it's just what kinda of suspension has a good ride and good
> performance?

I have the ND kit consisting of Neuspeed sport lowering springs, Boge ProGas
shocks/struts, and a Neuspeed upper tie bar.  Stock swaybars only.  I am totally
satisfied with the results, and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is - I
contend that it's more comfortable than stock, as it is firm but by no means harsh, the
float is totally gone, and it's dropped about 2" in front and 1.5" in the rear, which LOOKS
a helluva lot better than the RAV4 look that the stock suspension serves up.  Needless
to say overall handling is improved dramatically in all driving situations.

ND uses A2 strut housings in the front with their kit.  This reportedly reclaims about 1"
of suspension travel, meaning that despite a 2" drop you're really only losing about an
inch of travel.  It seems to work - I've never once bottomed out since the switchover,
and it's now been about 8k miles....

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@pacbell.net