Re: performance mods

I just installed the ABT Sportsline Pedals ($99) and the dead pedal ($99)

BTW anyone out there think that is one big ass dead pedal or is it just me?
If so, anyone mount it with screws in the top?

Patrick Sherman                     psherman@bigfoot.com
'97 JETTA GLX VR6, T-Red, Abt, Garrett, AirBath, Akimoto, Euro Switch, Side
Markers

- ----------
> From: Dave Rizzolo <dv8studio@ids.net>
> To: jettaglx@igtc.com
> Subject: Re: performance mods
> Date: Tuesday, November 04, 1997 8:24 PM
>
> At 10:50 PM 11/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >Also, I'd like to add-on some better floor pedals. Every time it rains,

> >my sneakers "squeak" when playing with the clutch pedal. The stock brake

> >pedal seems a bit small as well. Any recommendations here for high
> >quality metal pedals?
> >

> I installed the Momo "Course" pedal set (the newer version) in my GLX. It
> did take some minor modifications to get them to work.
>
> The brake an clutch pedal covers are "by the book" but because VW's brake
> pedal is formed and intergrated into the brake arm the Momo bracket will
> not fit. I ended up drilling a single hole into the upper right corner of
> the pedal since the bracket would not clear the bend. Getting the
remaining
> brackets on did require some bending and time to secure but they have
been
> fine for the 5 months I have had them.
>
> They are not showing any signs of wear but I do have a friend who put
+100
> miles per day on his car and his pedals are looking a bit scraped... to
be
> expected.
>
> As far as the "slip factor," I can't say there is marked improvement but
> they are MUCH larger pedal than stock. The distance between the brake and
> accelerator is similar to a 5-series I drove years ago making heal-toe
easy.

> One last note: don't forget to cut the extra screw length off when they
are
> installed or you run the risk of ripping the carpet with the clutch.
Also,