[Jeremy Brandow: Some Q's about GLX]]

- ----- Forwarded message # 1:

Hi out there,
  I am a hopeful future owner of a '98 Jetta GLX, some of you may
remember me?  I'm the person who has been contemplating the lease of a
Jetta for about a month now.
  My Birthday is in two weeks, and I will go in to try and lease after
that.
  I have not yet test driven a GLX, (I don't wan to get to excited for
one yet) but I can't wait.  I have a couple questions I was wondering if
somone could answer?

  Right now I am driving a 4 cylinder Neon.  It has good power, but when
you turn on the AC, or load four passengers in the car.  The poor engine
bogs down more than I like.  What is the story with the GLX?

   Since joinging this list, I am hearing of a few problems that people
have had with their Jettas.  A common one seems to be bad window motors,
or sentral locking.  A lot of friends tell me that owning a Jetta is a
real hit or miss situation.  I would like to hear what you all have to
say about your Jettas?  Is there any horror stories?  Which year should
I stay away from?(if any)

   I have decided to purchas my Jetta through "AutoByTel" on the
internet.  Has anyone used this system before?  They say that they give
"no-haggle, no-hassel low price"  I am wondering how much truth their is
to that?

   Thanks,
  Jeremy Brandow

- ----- End of forwarded messages

Hi,

     I have a 97 GLX and with the AC on and the car packed with people the
power is still there...

  Dan

- ----- End of forwarded messages
I bought the car in May with about 9 miles on it..  and no problems so far..

c-ya,

  Dan