Re: PAINT

Wax definitely helps protect the paint and lack of it may contribute to
higher wear. I like using NuFinish. It's not a wax, and seems to do a great
job of cleaning, shining and protecting the paint. My car is a 1994 GLX and
it goes through New England winters... yet still looks like brand new. I
think the factory paint is actually quite excellent. My car was made in
Germany, which may not mean anything other than the workers are hung over
on Hoffbrau rather than Corona.

- ----------
> From: 2 PSYCHOS <2psychos@msn.com>
> To: jettaglx@igtc.com
> Subject: RE: PAINT
> Date: Thursday, June 26, 1997 8:36 PM
>
> The paint absolutely sucks on the car.  We just have to live with it.  I
have
> a 96 GLX and just turned over 30k today.  I have so many chips and
scratches
> on it.  I have yet to wax it, but I keep it very clean.  Last year when I
was
> travelling, I left the car parked in my complex and one of the
neighborhood
> rug rats decided to use my driver front quarter panel as a soccer ball
and
> dented the shit out of it.  The body shop had a terrible time repainting
it.
> Took them 4 times to get it right (after replacing the whole panel)  Then
my