Re: Clutch Prob

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997 ANDREW_ATWELL@HP-PaloAlto-om20.om.hp.com wrote:

>      I would like to discourage you from having work done at Carlson.  They
>      have proven to be extremely incompetent when it comes to diagnosing
>      problems and repairing them, I guarentee that the will say nothing is
>      worng or "cannot reproduce at this time".  I have had endless amounts
>      of greif working with them including returning 7 times for the same
>      problem that they could not fix (rough idle, maybe you have seen my
>      posts here before) and then in one half of a day it was fixed by
>      Sunnyvale VW.  Don't bother being dicked around by Carlson service
>      people.  Go to Sunnyvale VW (used to be Stan Antonio.  You have been
>      warned!

Well, I gave Sunnyvale a call.  They said if I had it in there Monday
morning by 7:45 they'd be able at least to do my service, and take a look
at the clutch.  They have a "delivery service" that can get me to work,
but no way to get me home.  Carlsen seemed to indicate that they would
be able to give me a loaner if they needed to keep my car.  But as a
consultant, I don't have the same leeway a regular employee has to say "Oh
I'll be late today, my car is getting worked on."

**************John Andrew Kilpatrick*kilpatri@cs.ucdavis.edu*******************
*  "Tsuki ni kawatte...oshiokiyo!"  |   I do not speak for CS, UC Davis, or   *
*    Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon    |   anyone else.   You have been warned.  *
********************http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~kilpatri/*******************