Headlight Burned Out

TO: jettaglx@igtc.com

I have a 1996 GLX and my passenger side headlight burned out already. The
car is a year old and has about 20,000 miles on it. When I took it into
the dealership they told me that the bulb was no longer under warranty. I
think they told me it has a 1 year/12,000 mile warranty. So I had to pay
for a new bulb. Granted it only cost me about $13, but I was still not to
happy about it not being under warranty. Should I expect to be replacing
them every year? I guess I should go out and get the European light
switch to kill those day time running light. That should extended the
life of the bulbs.

Later,
Mitch